by Grammar Girl |
Archive for January, 2012
Tags: cartoon, Grammar Girl
- Get-Fit Guy was prominently featured on Huffington Post’s Health & Fitness page where he tackled the (bogus) claim that yoga has the same weight loss benefits as cardio.
- Nutrition Diva released her newest ebook Nutrition Zombies: Top 10 Myths That Refuse to Die (and How to Keep Them from Sabotaging Your Diet).
Tags: nutrition facts
Licensed nutritionist and dedicated myth-buster Monica Reinagel sifts through 10 popular nutrition myths, separating fact from fiction and showing you that a healthy lifestyle does not mean going hungry or denying yourself the foods you love.
At just 50 minutes long, the book is an easily-digestible, fact-filled primer, read to you by the Diva herself.
Download your copy from Audible for just $2.82 today!
Tags: ebook, nutrition
- Is coffee really bad for you?
- Should you jump on the popular gluten-free bandwagon?
- Does microwaving food destroy nutrients?
We’ve all heard these claims time and time again. But are they true?
Nutrition Diva to the rescue!
In her new ebook Nutrition Zombies, your favorite myth-buster tackles the 10 most prevalent nutrition myths, separating fact from fiction and science from silliness. So the next time you hear your spinning instructor claiming that you’re dehydrated and in need of a “cleanse,” you’ll be armed with the facts.
Monica Reinagel’s Nutrition Zombies: Top 10 Myths That Refuse to Die (And How to Keep Them From Sabotaging Your Diet) is available now for just $2.99!
by Grammar Girl |
Two lovely bloggers have been kind enough to give me the Versatile Blogger Award, and according to the rules, I am required to tell all of you seven interesting things about myself and nominate fifteen other bloggers.
I’d Like to Thank the Academy…
But first, thanks to the two people who
saddled me with this chore delighted me with this honor.
Lorca Damon, a sassy author (Autism by Hand and others) and the 2010 National Prison Teacher of the Year. (Top that! I, for one, would never mess with her.)
Erin Berry, author of The Chronicles of IDIOT (“You are correct, there is a government conspiracy.” But it’s not what you think.)
Seven Interesting Things About Me
Is all this social media and texting ruining the English language? Will our kids turn out to be illiterate rubes, LOL’ing and KIT’ing instead of writing properly?
Turns out, social media is actually enhancing our ability to write! Check out the video for the scoop — plus a special Grammar Girl tip!
Tags: myths, nutrition, weight loss
- Do carbohydrates make you fat?
- Are there really foods that make you burn calories as you eat them?
- Does eating more often actually make you thinner?
Nutrition Diva tackles these and many other popular weight loss myths in her brand new ebook
Separating fact from fiction, and science from silliness, Nutrition Diva takes the mystery out of weight loss and offers real solutions for permanent success.